He has more than 30 years of experience in the field of Aircraft Flight Mechanics & Control.
His research fields include Flight Control System Design & Development, Aircraft Simulation &Modelling, Handling Qualities & Aircraft Pilot Coupling, Computer Aided Flight Control Design & Rapid Prototyping Techniques.
- JawaharLal Nehru Memorial Award in 1976
- Sir C.V. Raman Distinguished Young Scientist Award in 1998
- AeSI National Aeronautical Prize in 2001,
- DRDO Award for Path Breaking Research in 2002
- CSIR Technology Award in 2002 & 2003
He has over 60 Journal and Conference Papers to his credit.